This plan includes the relevant terms and conditions so that this is the only agreement normally necessary (i.e. Includes Company Terms of Engagement). This plan is available in month to month, 1, 2 and 3-year auto-renewing agreement terms and delivers all services “a la carte” with a menu of services and a scope definition worksheet. All services are delivered as t&m (at discounted rates (additional -5% for 1 year agreements, and 10% for 2&3 year agreements) except for “contractual caring/monitoring” retainer fees for various monitorable services (e.g. backups) for which tracking and billing time on a daily basis is not possible (also discounted for term agreements). Base Preventative Care & Maintenance best practices are agreed to and then are contractually fulfilled by us. Estimated base level of t&m services is billed in advance monthly (budgetary). Any hours not used are carried forward, any overage is billed in arrears. Best effort priority response. Monthly Pre-authorized payments or annual pre-pay required.
- 3 year terms qualify for free (conditional on fulfilment of term) on-boarding IT audit/ assessment, on-boarding consultations, network monitoring on-boarding, baseline network documentation, and fixed price estimates on balance of certain on-boarding tasks.
- CLIENT agrees to co-operate and work with SGC as its IT Department / Trusted IT advisor / Technology Provider, and to keep SGC up to date with all relevant IT information, unless there is good reason not to.
- CLIENT agrees to use SGC for all projects within scope.
- IT Procurement Management – CLIENT agrees to source all relevant IT equipment and services exclusively through SGC (where offered) and to standardize on SGC lines unless otherwise approved by SGC in their absolute discretion. Consultation concerning, and provision of, basic quotes for required product is included and prices will always be reviewed for preferred pricing.
- CLIENT grants Explicit Authorization for SGC to perform pro-active, preventative and scheduled maintenance on a schedule agreed to – including application of critical operating system and infrastructure patches, ensuring anti-virus systems and backups are working and up to date (monthly, quarterly and annual components), annual computer “cleaning” and our other best practices
- On-going Device and Network Performance, Availability & Predictive Failure Monitoring included
- Agreement qualifies for minimum billing increments of .25 hour rather than .5 or 1, and the on-site minimum of 1 hour is also waived.
- Eligible IT consultations are done at less than our consulting rate (at technician rate applicable).
- Base maintenance of network documentation is contractually done at corporate shop rate when possible.
- Flat rate Travel time/mileage defined and billed (based on $50 per hour).
- Provision of advanced exchange/loaner equipment where possible (may be standardized / published usage or rental rates)
- Management of client routine renewals such as maintenance/warranty agreements on IT equipment, antivirus subscriptions, domains, webhosting etc. that are purchased through SGC. We will not charge additional service fees for this service if the renewal is placed by SGC where applicable (enabling them and documenting them by technicians will be billable if applicable).
- Total maximum aggregate liability limit is regular fees paid during agreement. Indemnity clause is not required for claims, damages, losses and expenses which are due to our sole negligence.
- Contract Price Escalation/De-escalation provision based on Ontario CPI included.
- Our minimum arrangement includes all tasks noted in the Retainer agreement, and as below:
Monthly: Remote Dial in, review backups, apply patches, survey.
On an agreed schedule (weekly, bi-weekly, every 3 weeks, monthly, bi-monthly, Quarterly, or 3 times per year): Pre-plan, remotely start/do what can be done remotely, then attend on-site to perform scheduled services, tasks, visual inspections, installed planned new equipment, interact with users, ensure documentation is maintained.
Quarterly: BCT will take all prudent measures to review backup contents and test and validate the backups and disaster recovery readiness. Such measures include (for Shadowprotect backups) “mounting” and testing a recent full backup into a “virtualization workspace”, as a verification test to point out any data corruption or changes in the environment that could affect recovery and to verify that there is an environment in an appropriate “stand-by” state
Minimum Annually: Cleaning and ensuring everything patched (BIOS’s, controllers, switches, printers, etc.). Comprehensive Network review (current tool is “Network Detective”). IT Planning, budgeting, review meeting with decision makers.
A typical 1 server/5 workstation/user network would start at $209.50/mo (with AV, Backups, network security, monitoring, and 1/2 hour pre-paid per month).